What is FEMST?
FEMST is an Erasmus+ funded project that aims to provide in-depth information about the gender gap that is relevant with gender equality in the STEM field at its early stages, when teachers’ gender biases affect the performance of pupils.
FEMST will support teachers on inspiring STEM among the female students and address the needs of women studying in STEM in order to reduce the dropout rate long-term.
The goal of FEMST is to offer in-depth information and knowledge about the gender gap in the STEM fiel in Europe, especially in the countries of the consortium (Netherlands, Cyprus, Greece, Spain and Portugal) for their personal and/or professional development, ultimately for the benefit of the kids they are responsible for.
The FEMST project priority target groups are:
· Career councillors in upper secondary education
· School teachers/educators
· Academic staff
· University recruitment officers
· Primary education female students
· HE female students studying in STEM
FEMST Project Information
Project Title: Empowering girls with knowledge and confidence in STEM to become future STEM leaders – FEMST
Project Acronym: FEMST
Project Number: 2022-1-NL01-KA220-HED-000090191
Start Date: 01st November 2022
Finish Date: 31st October 2024
Intended objectives of the project:
· Encourage gender-responsive training approaches for teachers and counsellors that focus on tackling gender biases in the classroom
· Train primary school teachers for the implementation of the Curriculum and the application of the tools contain in their own teaching, regardless of subject
· Disseminate the Animated Series of Stories and other activities/tools with children in the classroom through the teachers
· Facilitate the dissemination and sustainability of project results involving key stakeholders and policy makers at national and EU level
· Enable female students to develop their scientific capacities and inspire them to get involved in STEM-related activities overcoming gender prejudice in the field
FEMST is an Erasmus+ funded consortium is made up of six dedicated partner organisations from across Europe.
FEMST Training Online Toolkit
This online platform will provide teachers/academic staff/STEM students a common online space, tools and resources to obtain knowledge and practical experience related to the issues regarding girls in STEM
This toolkit will be available in all 5 languages and will be open for registration in early 2024.
Contact the team for further information.
Keep up to date with all the information from the project here.
FEMST – Empowering girls with knowledge and confidence in STEM to become future STEM leaders 1st Article – 2nd Transnational Project Meeting On 21-22 September,
Training and Education
What can FEMST offer you ?
1. Training Package for teachers and academic staff
Development of a training package of 6 modules:
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
FEMST: Empowering girls with knowledge and confidence in STEM to become future STEM leaders